This is a very simple and quick weeknight recipe. If you want a larger meal some rice is always a good idea!
- 2 1/4 pound pieces of cod
- 6 (plus 2 for salad) slices of bacon
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 1/4 pound of green beans
1. Preheat the oven to 3750 degrees F. Slice off the tops of the tomatoes and sprinkle with some oil. Add salt and pepper to taste and top off with a pinch of shredded cheese. Place in oven and cook for about 15 minutes.
2. Rinse the cod pieces. Place 3 slices of bacon on a cutting board and put the cod on top. Salt and pepper and then start wrapping up the cod in the bacon. Repeat with the other piece of cod.
3. Place the bacon wrapped pieces in a frying pan and fry on medium to high heat until the outside is crisp. Then lower the heat and make sure the fish is cooked through. Keep warm.
4. Cut up the remaining slices of bacon and fry in the pan until nice and crisp.
5. Cook the trimmed green beans for about 3 minutes in boiling water. Rinse, and sprinkle the shredded cheese and cooked bacon on top.
6. Remove the tomatoes from the oven and serve with the beans and the fish.
7. And here it is!