Easy yet a bit of a fancy dish. Perfect for a family weekend dinner or when you have friends over. Mashed potatoes can be substituted for boiled or roasted potatoes. Enjoy!
- 1 pound of thin beef eye of round steak
- 10 baby carrots
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3-4 slices of bacon
- 3 tanlespoons of beef broth
- 4 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 pound of potatoes
- Butter and milk
- Salt and pepper
1. Start by peeling the potatoes and quarter them. Put in a pot, add water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender. Drain, and mash with milk and butter and salt and pepper to taste. Pour the mashed potatoes into an oven proof dish and bake in oven at 380 degrees F for about 30 min.
2. Pound the beef and spread some Dijon mustard on top.
3. Place half a slice of bacon on each piece of beef. Cut the carrots in half lengthwise and slice the onion. Place on one side of the bacon.
4. Roll up the beef and secure with toothpicks. Fry with some oil about 1 minute per side, just to get the sides brown.
5. Bring the broth to a boil in the water along with the tomato paste. Boil the rolled beef pieces on medium heat for about 25 min. Drain once the carrots are tender.
6. Take out the baked mashed potatoes and serve with the rolled beef, green beans, lingonberries. For this recipe I used one Cream Sauce bag from Ikea, easy to make and very tasty!
7. And here it is!