For some extra flavor try adding mangos to a basic apple crisp. I served this with vanilla sauce that I got at a specialty store here in Seattle, but some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream will be just as tasty!
- 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 3 green apples, cored and chopped coarsely
- 3 red apples, cored and chopped coarsely
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 4 cups mangoes, chopped coarsely (frozen or fresh)
1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 13×9 cake pan.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together rolled oats, flour, sugar, and cinnamon; stir in butter and distributing evenly. Set aside.
3. Place apples in large bowl, sprinkle with lime juice, then remaining flour; stir to mix, then fold in mango chunks.
4. Pour apple-mango mixture into prepared pan; top with oat-sugar mixture.
5. Bake (uncovered) for 30 minutes; turn pan around, bake another 10-15 minutes (apples should be tender throughout).
6. And here it is!