If you are into baking these buns are a must right now. Eat them as is or slice and serve with butter. Yum!
- 2 packs of dry active yeast
- 3 cups (plus some extra) lukewarm milk
- 1/2 half a stick of melted and cooled butter
- 8 cups of plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 beaten egg
1. Mix the yeast with the milk and he melted butter. Sift the flour, cardamom, sugar and salt and stir into the milk mixture. Work the dough until it comes clean off the edges of the bowl, then turn it onto a floured surface and knead the dough for 5 minutes.
2. Return the dough to the bowl and cover with a towel. Let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
3. Then knead the dough again and shape into 28 small buns. Place them on 2 baking trays lined with baking paper. Cover and let rise for about 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Glaze each of the buns with the beaten egg and bake for about 20-25 minutes.