This salad is both sweet and tangy, and goes well with pretty much anything. I like it served on the side with beef or chicken.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of Sambal Oelek
- 1 English cucumber
- 6 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 sliced red onion
1. Peel and cut the cucumber lengthwise. Then slice thin.
2. Slice the red onion thin and mix with the cucumber.
3. Mix the water, apple cider vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil.
4. Add the salt and Sambal Oelek. Pour over the vegetables and let it sit for at least two hours.
5. And here it is!