Daim is a Swedish chocolate that can be found in specialty stores here in the States. One place is World Market (Cost Plus). This recipe is based on a basic sticky cake batter but I added some Daim to it to add a little extra flavor. A hit with everyone!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons of cacao
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 1/2 stick of melted butter
- 3 bars of Daim chocolate
- Cool whip
- Sliced fruit of your liking
1. Melt the butter and let it cool down slightly.
2. Spray a pan that has removable edges on it with Pam.
3. Add the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, cacao, flour and melted butter in a big mixing bowl.
4. Chop up the Daim bars.
5. Add half of the Daim pieces to the batter and mix.
6. Pour the batter into the cake form and top with the remaining Daim pieces. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes. You still want the center to be soft. Serve with cool whip or whipped cream and your favorite fruit.
7. And here it is!