Love these decadent cookies! Perfect for fika (coffee and cookie time which happens a few times a day for the typical Swede), or a kids party or just for whenever you feel like eating them!
- 2 cups flour
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- About a cup of chopped up butter
- 2 tablespoons of grated lemon zest
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Pearl sugar
1. Measure all the ingredients.
2. Mix them all together and knead until dough is smooth and firm.
3. Shape the dough into a cylinder and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for an hour.
4. Remove and roll between two parchment papers until about 1/2 inch thick and shaped like a rectangle.
5. Brush the dough with the egg.
6. Sprinkle the Pearl sugar on top (can be found in Scandinavian Specialty stores). And roll over lightly with the rolling pin.
7. Cut up into 2″x1″ sizes and bake at 375 F for about 15-18 minutes.
8. And here they are!