I’ve been craving lemon mousse lately so I decided to make this tart dessert. I replaced the sugar with Splenda so it’s not as sweet as regular mouse. Still, it’s amazingly delicious!
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup Splenda
- 1 1/3 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Pour milk into a small metal bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water. Stir in lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until syrupy, about 1-1/2 hours.
3. In a small bowl, combine crumbs and butter; set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish. Press remaining crumbs onto the bottom of a round dish.
4. Beat chilled milk until soft peaks form. Beat gelatin until tiny bubbles form. Fold milk into gelatin.
5. Pour over prepared crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cover and refrigerate until set. Cut into squares. Yields 12 servings.
6. And here it is!