I love potatoes and think these are a fun little treat for a nice steak dinner. I served it with sauteed mushrooms. Yum!
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder or garlic cloves according to taste
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- Salt and pepper according to taste
- 6 medium potatoes
- One cup of sliced mushrooms
- Your favorite steak
- Your favorite spices
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and slice the potatoes into thin chips.
2. Place the potato slices in a large bowl, add the butter, Parmesan, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix it well.
3. Grease a muffin tray with some butter or vegetable oil. Put the potato slices in the tray so that their tops are slightly above the edges of it. Then sprinkle with pepper. Bake in the oven for about an hour.
4. Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms and cook on low to medium heat with garlic and your favorite spices. I used tarragon and black pepper.
5. Pepper and salt your choice of steak and either grill or cook in a pan. I used Kobe beef steaks which is my favorite.
6. Remove the potatoes from the oven and let them rest for about five minutes. Then sprinkle with rosemary and some Parmesan cheese.
7. And here they are!