This amazing beef stew is made with beer, beef, yellow onions and potatoes. The whole thing is very tasty, and perfect for a cold Winter’s night. Serve with cucumber salad.
- 2 1/2 yellow onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound of beef steak
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups of beef bullion
- 1 1/2 cups dark beer
1. Chop the onion and fry in a pan with 3 tablespoons of butter until golden in color. Put aside.
2. Cut the meat in pieces about ½-inch thick. Then pound to get it a bit tender.
3. Mix, flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl and add the meat. Mix evenly.
4. Fry the meat on both sides in a hot pan with 2 tablespoons butter. About ½ a minute on each side.
5. Peel the potatoes and cut them in thin slices.
6. Mix potato, fried onion, meat, bay leaves and thyme in a pot. Potatoes should be at the bottom and the top.
7. Mix the beef bullion and beer and then pour over the potato mix. Cover with a lid and simmer for about an hour. And here it is!