I love Fall and comfort food! This stew takes a while, but it’s easy to make and so worth the wait. You can either cook it in a large dutch oven or do what I do, use a crock pot. That way you don’t have to monitor for over 4 hours. Enjoy!
- 2 pounds of stew beef, cubed
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 yellow onions, cut into wedges
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- Salt, white pepper and black pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter in a dutch oven or a large frying pan. Over medium high heat, brown the meat well for about 5 minutes and then sprinkle with the flour and stir to combine well.