Another classic! This recipe is basically made out of leftovers, so please feel free to substitute or add your own ingredients. This is also one of those dishes you will find in the frozen aisle. Please serve with beets if you have them at home as well!
- 5 large potatoes
- About 1/2 pound of ham
- 1 1/2 yellow onions
- 1-2 jalapenos
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
1. Slice and cube the potatoes.
2. Slice and cube the ham.
3. Chop the onions and the jalapeno.
4. Fry the potatoes in oil and salt and pepper until tender. Move to a plate.
5. Fry the onions and jalapenos in oil. Move to the plate with the potatoes when soft.
6. Fry the ham until just crisp. Add any spices you might want.
7. Combine the ham, potatoes and the onion mix. Salt and pepper to taste.
8. In another pan, fry the eggs. Let them be somewhat runny.
9. Serve the hash topped with eggs and your favorite veggie. Enjoy!