Probably the most famous of all Swedish dishes and a big hit with the whole family! I like serving it with mashed potatoes, lingonberry jam and cucumber salad. Enjoy!
Ingredients for the Meatballs
- A bunch of mixed fresh herbs, such as rosemary, thyme and oregano, finely chopped
- 1lb ground pork
- 1lb ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 5-6 ounces of dried breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Instructions for the Meatballs
1. Put the herbs along with the pork, beef, eggs, milk, breadcrumbs, and spices in a big bowl.
Ingredients for the Creamy Sauce
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons of flour
- 2 teaspoon of soy sauce
- Ground black pepper and dried rosemary
Instructions for the Creamy Sauce
1. Whisk beef stock, heavy cream, flour, soy sauce, black pepper, and rosemary in a large saucepan until smooth.